CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Storming the Castle

Today we ventured out to Tilikum for a day of exploring, catching newts and hiking. Another stunning day in Oregon; the sun was out, birds were chirping, an osprey was fishing just overhead, and there wasn't a cloud covering the beautiful blue sky. Perfect.



Off to conquer the world. A boy and his net.


Doesn't he look like a kitten batting at little fish in a bowl? So curious.


Careful patience until the end.



'Quickmud.' Not sand, mud. It swallowed little shoes and stuck to tiny toes and fingers.


Now that is a sign of a fun day!

When everyone was tired, cold and wet, I stripped the kids down and piled them in to a warm car. There was so much laughter on our drive back home, a naked car ride will do that to you. I of course had to be dressed, I was the driver you know. Warm baths, cozy clean clothes, and a day of precious memories exploring.

It doesn't get much better than that!

5 comments:

Sarah

Fun day! I want to go next time.

Sally

Looks like so much fun! I want to come with you next time you go! Love the photo of the kids shoes! :)

Sherry

Oh, oh, this makes me want to be one of your kids—more than ever!

Heidi Boos

Such a good mama you are for taking your kids exploring. All. by. yourself. Boy, do I wish I had even half of your adventurous spirit! That is a fantastic shot of you and the kids in front of the lake!!

Anonymous

You are such a fun mama! I love "a boy and his net" ;)

Work is so boring when I see that you guys are off storming the castle. :)

I Love You!