CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

A Little Slice of Heaven

We had a little taste of Tuscany for dinner tonight. It is a sourdough crust from the Oregon Trail Sourdough Starter that my dad gave me, he has been keeping it going for years and now I have some of my own. My dad is an amazing cook, and a pro at making the most delicous breads. He taught me to make this delicioius pizza dough. This starter makes the most flavorful bread/pizza dough, and pancakes I have ever had, I have yet to make the waffles and biscuits. Mmmm!



I topped the pizza's with a homemade alfredo sauce, mozzerella, red onions, mushrooms, roasted chicken, and tomatoes. The kids decided it was way better than our usual Friday night tradition and I have to agree, it's also much healthier with all local organic ingredients. Yum!

Come on over and enjoy some homemade pizza with us, our door is always open! :)


Me with my dad, the chef/pilot. :)

2 comments:

Jojo

Dear Jolene-
What a lovely tribute to your dad. And how wonderful to carry on this tradition. Your own rendition of the pizza looks outstanding. I remember my sourdough starter on the dairy. I can still see the little brown crock with wired lid.
Thank you for your story this morning. I love you, Jojo

Tim and Kari O'Brien

That pizza looks so great! Nice work to the chef! What a great picture of you and your dad! I love you!