CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

A quiet day at home

Today Tyler woke up with the stomach flu, my sweet Tyler just wanted to stay in bed. Around lunch time I got him in a warm bath, fresh clean clothes, and back in bed to drink a little chicken broth. Too early. He fell asleep for three hours and awoke as my normal happy Tyler. Crazy how that happens.
We read some stories in his room: In This Snowy Place, Jamberry, and a chapter of Farmer Boy. Anna wanted to help read stories, cover him with blankets, and rub his head. She is such a little mommy at times and it is so sweet to watch her nurture her brothers.
After the stories, my own little farmer boy fell asleep. Since Ryan was still at school, Anna and I got to spend some time together snuggling, singing and painting.

After lunch and naps, Ryan came downstairs in a new outfit and said "Well mommy, I'm going to go hunting now." "Wow, you are all ready! What are you going to hunt for?" "Probably just a bear this time, we can make it into sausage and steaks." "Yum, that sounds great!' :) He is very interested in the woods and catching his own food right now. I am thinking he would love a trip to Mt. Hood, or even better, to the Rogue in Grants Pass. Nana and Papa would love to take him in their cool drift boat for fishing. :)



A quiet day at home is such a gift after a year of busyness. Lot's of good lessons learned. I am now craving simplicity.

1 comments:

Tim and Kari O'Brien

Oh, hugs and kisses to sweet Tyler, to reader Anna and to Hunter Ryan! More kisses to loving mommy!