CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Alaska Or Bust

We spent most of last week in Grants Pass for my sister Karyn's wedding. It was SO gorgeous! The perfect backyard wedding, the most beautiful bride, an awesome groom, friends, family, the Rogue River, and great food. I couldn't bear to take my eyes off of my beautiful sister or to leave her side long enough to grab my camera, so I don't have any pictures. I will have to wait until the wedding pictures start circulating to post them. I WILL get them on here soon though, you have to see the beauty I got to experience last week. Zac (Karyn's HUSBAND...wow!) was hired at an accounting firm in Anchorage, Alaska...you know, the state close to Russia that seems SO far away? :) So they stopped by to stay the night and give lots of hugs and kisses on their way up to the snowy state. We had Shrimp Scampi over pasta, asparagus, freshly made crusty french bread, three different kinds of cheeses with fruit, and homemade Mojitos with rum that I brought back from Nicaragua...they were SO good.

My beautiful sister, great food, my sweet family, laughter, tears, good drinks, memories remembered, memories made, pictures, hugs, kisses, and chocolate ice cream...yes, it was a great evening.

They left this morning after coffee and bagels. My little sister and best friend, all grown up, married and on her way to a new life as a wife and one day a mother. So much excitement to look forward to. I was soaked with tears as we said goodbye and once I couldn't see the U-haul any longer I made my way back into the house and into Aaron's arms for a good cry, and thank goodness we didn't eat all the chocolate ice cream last night!!

Travel Mercies sweet Karyn, I love you. xoxo ~Sissy

3 comments:

Sarah

I will pray that they have a safe trip.

Jojo

North to Alaska thank you!! Karyn & Zac's happy & emotional celebration, bon appetite dinner! and goodbye. Your photos are wonderful. Loved seeing the U-Haul truck towing their car. We have the atlas out on the table to follow their route- fun- names like Caribou Hwy! Thank you again. I love you, Jojo and Bob

Tim and Kari O'Brien

Wow, the Yukon Territory will never be the same after that load crosses the vast land. What a happy adventure for them both. Hmmm, how many moose do you think they will encounter along the way? I love you!