CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Spring Cleaning & Preparing for a Spring Baby

My great friend Sarah has inspired me to write about the spring cleaning happenings around our house. This last weekend we were all home sick (again) and after more than two weeks of everyone resting, Aaron and I wanted to get some stuff done (in between pit stops for medicine and sleep.)

This last weekend we:

Cleaned all the rooms and bathrooms
Vacuumed and steam cleaned ALL the carpets (huge job)
Washed all the bedding
Did all but two loads of laundry (it amazes me how much laundry a family of five goes through even when we are sick and in pj's)
Vacuumed and steam cleaned both cars

Working on this week:

Finishing and keeping up with laundry
Organizing kids clothes (too small, for baby, etc)
Labeling and organizing clutter (closets, drawers, kitchen cabinets)
Dusting
Getting healthy!! :)

Large upcoming projects:

Clean and organize the garage (this will take a weekend)
Clean floorboards in house
Clean windows, steam to sanitize
I'm sure I'll think of more...:)

I love to clean and organize, especially with my label maker. Spring cleaning feels exciting and tiring all at the same time, throw in a little 'nesting' from my pregnant body and look out! :) I'd like to get this stuff done over the next two to three weeks as my growing tummy is making bending, reaching, scrubbing, dusting, you name it, not so comfortable. I have loved reading Heidi's blog and her Tackle it Tuesday's, my favorite part are the before and after photos. So, starting next Tuesday (hopefully we will be healthy) I will begin Tackle it Tuesday for as long as my body can take it, before and after photos included (beware!)

Green This has great, GREEN, cleaning tips that work the same if not better than commercial cleaners. We use essential oils from Young Living for our cleaning, as well as vinegar and baking soda, so no harsh chemicals here...(okay so I'd be lying if I didn't tell you about my secret, hidden bottle of Green Works sanitizing spray from Lysol. I keep it around for when the stomach flu strikes, I know, I know, the oils and even a lemon do the same thing...I'm getting past this. :)

Feel free to drop by anytime (when we are finally healthy) I may put you to work so be prepared! :) *

*I've heard of cleaning co-ops where a group of women get together and clean one persons house for a weekend, and then choose a new house each weekend until they are all done. I love this idea, but am not sure I would want all of my dear friends to see ALL of the dust and gunk that has been accumulating since who knows when.

4 comments:

Sarah

YEAH FOR SPRING CLEANING. I love my label maker. I think it might be time for a new one. I've used mine so much. Good job on getting so much done.

feel better

Anonymous

Woohoo honey--lead on with the Spring Cleaning charge! Hey....why do I feel like there's more work for me now that I just said that? :)

I also wanted to clarify that even though we have two label makers, I still don't get to use one...

Jolene Brown

Okay okay...I guess after all the hard work you always do you can use one...the old one. ;) I love you. xo

Tim and Kari O'Brien

The dualing label makers! What a fun war to engage in battle! I can smell all of the goodness from here. Keep up the super work and keep getting better. xoxo