CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tiny Pieces

This morning for Bible study I had planned on bringing some delicious baked oatmeal for our brunch. Mouth watering aromas wafted through our home all morning as I got the kids dressed and ready to go.

First batch done and the kids were happily eating. Second batch done and cooling on the stove. I ran upstairs to curl my hair. Yes! We were on time and I still had a few minutes to curl my hair! Uh huh, oh yeah (insert happy dance) I was almost finished and I hear a huge crack, shatter, and POOF followed by "Mommy! COME LOOK! That was AWESOME!" To my horror, my lovely delicious oatmeal had exploded all over. Yep. Not an exaggeration..it literally exploded all over. The stove, the kitchen floor, the sink, the first batch of oatmeal, the kitchen table, the carpet...everywhere. Okay not here, it didn't quite make it to the car. This was just added for dramatic effect, but you get the picture! EVERYWHERE!! The kids stood there looking between me and the oatmeal. I really wanted to yell some choice words (why do those always pop in my head?!) but I didn't...it wasn't in our curriculum for the day. ;) (lame joke I know...it's my homeschooling humor) Anyway, I decided to leave it. Ryan couldn't believe I was just going to leave the mess everywhere. As we all sat together putting on our shoes sweet little Tyler praised God, thanking him that none of us were hurt. I am learning everyday from these precious children.

We showed up at Bible study late and empty handed... (a dear friend reminded me that I was not empty handed, I had my sweet children with me- thank you for that) but at least my hair was curled! *eye roll* My friends made me laugh, I ate delicious food, and together we sang our praises to God. I came home to the mess...still there, no cute little leprechauns to clean while I was away. They must have been busy. So, instead, we made the mess into a home school science lesson. We learned that the Pyrex dish, which was set on a still hot burner, caused thermal shock. "Stress produced in a body or in a material as a result of undergoing a sudden change in temperature." It was a pretty impactful lesson!

And now...to clean the mess of a beautiful day! All in a day of homeschooling these four beautiful children! xo

**No children, beta fish, or ants were harmed in this 'experiment' ;)

2 comments:

Sarah

WOW!! What a great science experiment =) You are a great homeschool teacher. Hot pan + hot burner = mess.

I sure hope Aaron brought you home something special...I heard it was him who left the burner on =)

Tim and Kari O'Brien

Great photos and all the way to the hood of the car! I think you need to post the recipe of the peach, blueberry, walnut baked oatmeal. It sounds so delicious. xoxo