CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Proud to be an American

Last night for Election day we had a Red, White, and Blue dessert and the kids watched the votes come in with us. They really got in to watching the states turn Red or Blue! It was moving having our family together as we watched a new piece of history be formed, a piece that will change our country forever.

Although the candidate that we voted for did not win, Obama's acceptance speech was touching and stirred a renewed sense of pride to be in a country where anything can happen. It is unbelievable to me that just years ago African Americans and women were not allowed to vote, and on our ballots this year we had the choice to elect both as leadership in our country. It is time for a change, and I am honored to be alive to see it.
I am very proud to be an American!

2 comments:

Sarah

I like your idea of having dessert and watching the votes come in as a family. I will have to try that next time.
I too am proud to be an American!

Tim and Kari O'Brien

What a delicious dessert! Yummy, save some for us!